My dog stole a piece of raw chicken off the counter is this something I need to be concened with,

Asked by Member 1123663 on Aug 1st 2012 Tagged rawchicken in Raw Food

Answers

Since the chicken was raw and not cooked, you don't have to worry about the bones splintering. Your dog might get diarrhea or vomiting from it. I would keep an eye on him/her.

Molly

Raw chicken is better than cooked chicken... it would still be good to get your dog check out if he or she is vomiting or having other problems

Molly answered on 8/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

No problem with the chicken, but you may want to teach an "off" or "leave it" command to prevent this in the future. You don't want her getting any cooked chicken/bones.

Many people including myself, have used raw chicken to feed our dogs. The raw chicken bone is easy to eat for the dog, but after you cook the chicken, the bone gets harder and that is when it can splinter off and hurt the dog if they try and eat it. You are fine and so is your dog.