My dog seems to have a hard time closing his mouth. His breath also smells bad and he has a runny nose.

My dog seems to be a bit lethargic lately. He has a runny nose, and seems to have a hard time when closing his mouth. When closing his mouth he appears to keep trying to close it again and again, almost like he was quivering. We looked to see if anything in his mouth looked abnormal or hindering him but saw nothing. He is eating and going to the bathroom fine, and still gets excited and greets me when I get home. He has just not been acting right and slugging around the house a lot more.

Asked by Member 1134256 on Oct 4th 2012 Tagged mouth, lethargic, runnynose, breath in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

He needs to go to the vet.

Something is very wrong. The runny nose alone is symptom of serious illness.
Get him to the Vet ASAP

Dental disease in a dog like tooth abscess must have kept your dog from closing his mouth. It sometimes leads to runny nose also. You better take your dog to a vet.

Merlyn

You know that expression penny wise pound foolish?

A trip to the vet now might have a simple solution for what ever is the matter.

You will not believe the grief if you delay and your dog dies from something preventable.

Merlyn answered on 10/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ikan

A person i know had something like this and it turned out to be dental problems. A vet visit would be the best thing right now.

Ikan answered on 10/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer