My dog (puppy)scratching and biting its tail, ass, belly etc kindly suggest what to do

My dog (puppy)scratching and biting its tail, ass, belly etc and loosing hairs (bite) kindly suggest what to do

Asked by Member 1137523 on Oct 25th 2012 Tagged disease, prevention, treatmentetc in Health & Safety

Answers

Diesel

He may be teething? Get him chew toys, kongs are made of rubber and are good for their teeth, you can freeze some of his toys or give him an ice cube to ease the pain, I'd even heard of people massaging their dogs gums..

If he has fleas there is a natural flea killer called food grade diatomaceous earth that you can sprinkle on the dog, his bedding, and even on his food to kill any worms in the dog cursed by the fleas. You can also bathe him in dawn dish soap for instant flea relief.

Diesel answered on 10/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ticks and fleas can be the reason for it. Use a good anti-flea shampoo, powder or spray.

Have you taken pup to the vet? It may be fleas; doubt it's ticks. Use the DE for fleas, unless you are on a good preventative. Don't use the toxic over the counter garbage you buy at the local pet store.
It could also be food allergies. If you are feeding a food with corn, soy, or is grain heavy, that could be the issue.
You can try an elimination diet. Fast the dog for 24 hours, then feed some mushy boiled rice & boiled, skinless chicken. If that seems to help the itchiness, add some different protein, like boiled eggs, or lamb, venison, beef.
Try to go for a limited ingredient food if you find the bland diet helps. There are formulas such as Lamb & Rice.
Many dogs with allergies do very well on a Raw Diet. Or you can do a homecooked diet. Check out the food forums on the main page, as well as the Health forum.

You might try using PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it all over her body and any area that is red or irritated from scratching or is dry and flaky. I find it to work really well! I hope this helps.