my dog limps on his hind leg after i forced them apart

i found my 6 month old male dog locked up with my 7 yr old female, after i forced them apart he has been limping pretty bad...is it possible for a dog to pull a muscle or something?

Asked by Member 1146342 on Dec 23rd 2012 Tagged pittbull, matinginjury in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Of course he can pull a muscle!! You have caused some sort of injury. Take this dog to a vet ASAP. Fix both dogs & supervise them better. Oi vey...

I agree with wiley, take them both to get spayed/neutered and it is very possible you injured him. Get him to a vet.

"Forced" them apart??? Sounds pretty violent to me. Most likely he has a severely dislocated hip, torn knee cartilage or even worse. Your are aware that it is too late to pull them apart once they have tied, right?? The deed is already done, the sperm have already been deposited into her uterus and she can't get "more" pregnant by allowing the tie to finish on its own.
The other posters are right, get them BOTH fixed and get him to a vet before it is too late to fix what's wrong.

I can't resist saying "that was dumb." Because it was. Yes, you probably injured him. Yes, your dogs need to be altered. How did you think this was going to go? You're looking at two vet trips for each dog, minimum. Wouldn't it have been easier to pony up a couple hundred dollars to have them fixed and avoided all this nonsense? Best of luck to all of you.