Duncan

My dog licks my hair. What is that all about?

My dog sleeps with me and licks my hair at night. What is that all about?

Asked by Duncan on Feb 25th 2008 Tagged lick, licking, human, hair in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

♥Tiffy♥

He likes the smell/taste of your hair. Or he could be just giving you some kisses.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on Feb 25th.

Answers

Maybe he is just cleaning you up, because he loves you.

Miss Buddie

Either he likes your shampoo or he may be grooming you. The dogs in the pack will groom and give affection to the alpha odg that way.

Miss Buddie answered on 2/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jesse

before my cat passed away this was what she did while purring loudly before going to sleep.So it may be a comfort to yor dog.Hard to say.

Jesse answered on 2/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

HAYLEE

I DO THIS TO MY MOMMIE TOO!
MOST OF THE TIME ITS AT NIGHT, SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY, SHE SMELLS GOOOOD, I THINK HER HAIR SMELLS LIKE APPLES SOMETIMES.
SOMETIMES WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT I LAY NEXT TO MOMMIES HAIR AND LICK IT OR SUCK ON IT. IT HELPS ME GO BACK TO SLEEP.
MOMMIE SAID SHE DOESNT LIKE ME TO DO THAT, SO SHE PUTS HER HAIR UP IN A PONYTAIL. SHE SAID THAT IF I EAT HER HAIR IT CAN GET CAUGHT IN MY INSIDES,PLUS WHAT GOES IN, MUST COME OUT, AND WHEN YOU GO POO..... WELL IT SOMETIMES, KINDA GETS STUCK, AND YOU HAVE A HAIR TRAILING FROM YOUR BOTTOM.
MOMMIE ALSO SAID THAT WHEN I SLOBBER IN HER HAIR, IT MAKES IT ALL TANGLEY FOR HER.

HAYLEE answered on 2/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer