My dog keeps licking the same area on his front leg. Don't see or feel anything unusual there. What could be the prob?

Asked by Member 994548 on Jun 28th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

molly

That is what happend to my dog ,it may be allergies because my dog has allergies and she will lick the same leg over and over until it is raw.Ask your vet and if your dog ends up having allergies give her or him benadrill to help with his or her allergies,because it helped my dog get better.

molly answered on 6/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

You can also try giving him a good bath and scrubbing the area well. He may have rubbed in some type of bush or gotten some type of bug bite. If he keeps licking it after you have bathed him, then you may want to take him to the vet. If you don't see anything (bumps, redness, hot spot, etc) it could be out of boredom. Some dogs lick and lick when they have built up energy and can't find a way to release it. Make sure he is getting plenty of exercise. Good luck!

Petri answered on 6/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer