My Dog is wimpering when it walks,

He is having issues going up stairs or down, I have checked his pads and they are fine no issues when I push on them, no swelling in his joints, and his range of motion seems to be normal. I just dont see any thing wrong with him, he is not wanting to go outside to do his morning bussiness so I am not sure what the heck it is.

Asked by Member 1155196 on Feb 14th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It means you need to take him to a vet. Whimpering, not wanting to move, difficulty in mobility..all indicate an injury or issue.

Chase

I agree with Wiley, it's time to take a trip to the vet.

Chase answered on 2/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the first two answers...it sounds like perhaps a spine issue to me and if it is, he MUST get treatment ASAP as paralysis can easily result from further swelling in the disks, which will then mean expensive surgery and a much more iffy recovery!
I would crate him until I could get him in to the soonest vet appointment available. IF it is a spinal issue, he will need steroids and muscle relaxants as well as strict cage rest until it is healed.
Please take care of this NOW before it becomes more serious!!!

If he is older, he might be having arthitis issues and not wanting to go out in the cold could be part of that. If he is a strong, muscular type breed, he might have hip or knee issues. I would get it checked by the vet.