My dog is sick--throwing up!

I have a senior English Mastiff. She will be 10 years old in a few days. She has been in perfect health until last year when she started to limp. She has a dysplasic elbow so we had expected this. I was a teacher and lost my job in budget cuts and we do not have the money to take her to the vet. Friday she threw up while we were at work, my husband cleaned it up, and then around 1:00 Saturday morning she threw up again. It is ALOT and it is like water but slightly thicker and tinted a faint yellow. Then again sometime between 2:00 am and 8:00 am she threw up again. Same thing a large puddle all liquid and slightly yellow. She has only gone out 2 times today and she has slept pretty much all day. She drank water around 1:00 pm and then went back to sleep. I tried white rice which has always worked in the past and she showed no interest. I gave her tagament last night and again just a little while ago. SHe always goes out around 12:00 and I couldn't get her up. I dripped water in her mouth and she showed no interest and did not get up. I don't know what to do.

Asked by Member 989439 on May 29th 2010 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Its been 8 hours since you posted this question. If she is still not herself, I would take her to the vet. I know its hard when you don't have a job but, its sounds like she needs a vet visit to me. Sometimes the vets will give you breaks. Also the local SPCA sometimes give discounts to people who can't afford it. I would try calling them. Good Luck!

Sailor

Having a mastiff at age 10 she could have something serious going on due to her age. You need to take her to the vet. Explain your financial situation to the vet. Call the vet office & ask to speak to your vet on the phone. Your dog needs something right now to settle her stomach, after that is taken care of you can figure out your options. Getting a med to settle her stomach shouldn't be too costly. The best thing you can do for your dog right now is take her to the vet, give the vet a good report on what is going on. Has she been going to the bathroom? Good Luck!

Sailor answered on 5/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer