my dog is seven and a half wks in whelp and i have found lice on her what can i use safely on her

can you tell me what i can use on my dog she is seven and a half weeks pregnant and a found lice on her

Asked by Member 996943 on Jul 15th 2010 in Other Pet Products

Answers

Pamela       -    Adopted!!!!

A dog is pregnant for an average of 63 days. Your female is about 52/53 days in or about 10 days from her whelping. Whelping is the process of giving birth, not the pregnancy, and it refers to carnivores only

A pregnant dog can use Revolution topical for all parasite control. It is not an over the counter product - see your Vet for this. A negative heartworm test is advisable as it controls heartworm as well as external parasites.

Lice? While dog lice are possible, they are not normal if a dog is cared for in a healthy, clean enviroment and is properly nourished. If she does have Lice, she needs to see a Vet ASAP. If her enviroment is not clean and she is malnourished, she and the puppies may not survive.

Pictures of dog parasites...perhaps she has something else?

www.sweetshimas.com

Pamela - Adopted!!!! answered on 7/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer