My dog is pooping blood and vomiting

My dog went to the vet on Monday, the dr gave him some flea medicine and have some meloxicam (metacam) because of his luxating patella, ever since Monday his poop has been like liquid. Yesterday he vomited yellow liquid and today he vomited white foam, now he is pooping about a tablespoon of this dark re liquid, i dont know if its blood. PLEASE HELP ME! I cant go to the vet because its closed, will he make it until tomorrow and what do i have to do until then? I really need your help :(

Asked by Member 1187876 on Aug 30th 2013 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

This is why EMERGENCY vets are so important. Find one in your area- it sounds like a bad allergic reaction to the medicine, but it could be much more. I go to an animal hospital with 24-hour emergency services that is 1/2 hour away from where I live for this very reason. Good Luck!! ^_^

Beauty and Nala

Has this baby been checked for parvo??? that would be the first thing I look into before a reaction to the meds.

Beauty and Nala answered on 11/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer