my dog is an old pedigree and he ate spoiled raw beef what do i do

my mom left grounded beef out too long and it spoiled so i threw it out after that my very old dog pushed the trash can over and ate all the meat. Many people are telling me he might die what do i do. Please help me.

Asked by Member 1126982 on Aug 22nd 2012 Tagged old, spoiled, meat, pedigree in Illness & Disease

Answers

Jake

The odds of him getting sick and dying are very very low. In the wild it is not uncommon for dogs to come across partially decomposed carcasses and have a little snack.

More than likely he will digest it just fine and won't even notice. It is possible that he may get a little ill and possibly either throw it up or get diarrhea. If he seems to get sicker than this or any symptoms remain after a day or so take him to the Vet.

-Ryan
barkingorders.net

Jake answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

dogs stomach vial is alot stronger than a humans for the reason of eating raw meat. or spoiled meat.

Carter answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the others here, most likely nothing will happen and the most that'll result from this will be diarrhea. (Eating meat with nothing to act as fiber will do that.)

Dogs are tougher than us in this area. They're actually designed to live on a diet of raw meat, and can handle a little spoiled. (Not that you should feed spoiled meat--no.)

Just keep an eye on him and if he seems sick take him to the vet.

Ikan

I would be more concerned about the pedigree dog food then the raw meat

Ikan answered on 8/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer