My dog is always scared. What can be done?

I just got a 6 month old Douge De Bordeaux. She always has her tail between her legs and just well...you can see she is scared. I don't think she was socilized as a puppy. What can be done to make her more comfortable.

Asked by Member 1072040 on Nov 30th 2011 in Socialization

Answers

Pamela       -    Adopted!!!!

Give her a couple of weeks to adjust. Some dogs need time.

Give her a predictable schedule, dogs find it comforting.

Put her on a NILIF plan to train her. NILIF is suggested when dogs are pushy or aggressive, but it works wonders on shy, scared dogs too. (link below)

ezinearticles.com

Pamela - Adopted!!!! answered on 12/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ikan

Get the dog out to socialize. Go to parks, go to petsmart or petco and let people pet your dog. Get her used to people. Go for walks and go to friends house and let them know you are coming and have them play with the puppy. Just let her meet as many people as you can. I used to take my dogs to little league baseball games in the summer. The little kids would ask to pet my dog and hug him and it really helped him out.

Ikan answered on 12/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer