My dog has recently got these spots on his skin. They look like scabs at first but then...

Recently my dog got these scabs on his skin.
They are very small ( about 1/4 of a centimeter in diameter) and very round. As they grow out of his skin they are his skin color and form lumps (still very small) and then they turn dark brown and hard like a scab would and fall out. As they fall out they take a patch of hair (still very very small!!) that they grew out of with it.
There are very few of them and at first I thought it was just a scab but then I noticed more. There are about 3 of them on him at a time. This happened about 2 weeks ago.
They dont look harmless.
My dog had lyme disease 6 months ago and im afraid they maybe related!
Please if you know anything about this let me know.

(PS: dont worry i will see a vet if they do not disapear in a couple days)

Asked by Member 649925 on Jul 5th 2008 Tagged scab, scabs, illness, disease, lyme in Illness & Disease

Answers

Gaston

When my shih-tzu got bit by a tick the same thing happened, he got a raised bump and then his hair fell out in that area.
It will grow back but it takes a little time.
I use frontline on all my dogs but the ticks will still bite them , die and fall off so it still leaves a bite site. I think it's an allergic reaction to the tick's saliva.

Gaston answered on 8/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer