My dog has really tunny jelly like stools. On the 3rd loop there was a few drops of blood. Can someone help me?

Asked by Member 1107462 on Apr 24th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Bailey Sage

My dog had similar problem and I changed his diet to the food at Pets Mart for sensitive stomachs and it has really helped. Also make sure there are no dyes in any treats.

Bailey Sage answered on 4/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The Wee Beasties

We have this problem occasionally with our oldest dog. We feed a high quality food, which helps and our vet gave us a prescription for a probiotic which usually fixes him right up.

Have your vet check for infection and make sure he doesn't need antibiotics. Blood ON the stool is probably due to irritation of the tissues. Blood IN the stool is indicative of a more serious issue. Definitely need a vet to check them out ASAP.

You can give them a bland diet for a few days - boiled chicken and plain white rice is good. Make sure they stay hydrated, too.

The Wee Beasties answered on 4/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer