My dog has little white worms coming out of his butt.

The little white worms are the size of a rice grain. He is licking his anus and dragging his butt on the carpet.

Asked by Member 1120166 on Jul 11th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

He needs to be dewormed, take him to the vet and have them give him a dewormer.

Tapeworms! These are not full worms you're seeing, they're segments that break off the end of an adult tapeworm, which can be HUGE. They may briefly wiggle a little bit, but rapidly dry out and are ready to start the next part of the tapeworm's complicated life cycle. Here's some info about them:
www.petsandparasites.org
Get a dewormer, stat. A vet can sell you a dose, plus many pet, feed and online stores also carry effective deworming products. Make sure that you get a product that covers tapeworms though, and follow the directions EXACTLY.

Starbutt

yup tape worms or they are round worm get some happy jack or you can go to the vet I had a bulldog that was given to me she was abused and she didn't like to be touched she had a bad bad case of tape worms I took her to the vet and bingo they gave her a shot and no more tape worms, COol huh Happy jack will do the same I didn't see any tape worms come out but the vet said I wouldn't maybe but the happy jack you may see some don't be alarmed this is normal.

read the directions to.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 7/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

These are tapeworm segments. Take a stool sample to the vet with visible worms.