Caspian

My dog has green goo coming out from his eyes

This morning I noticed a little green goo in the corner of his eye. He is ten months old and he is a little smaller than a lab. He has been rubbing his face on stuff sometimes. He is not squinting or anything like that. Help

Asked by Caspian on Mar 4th 2013 Tagged eye in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Mason

You many need to take him to the vet and have them do a Schirmer's test for tear production. When I first got my dog, he had the same issue and was diagnosed with KCS (dry eye). Unfortunately medication has not helped his condition, but from what I understand, in most cases, with early intervention, treatment can be very effective.

Mason answered on 3/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Petri

It could be goobers from allergies or be the start of an infection. You might try using PETfection Eye Wash & Cleaner. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is excellent at getting rid of the gunk and clearing up infections. It will also soothe his eye & lid if it is itchy or red. It is very gentle and definitely safe to use (no chemicals in it). I highly recommend it! Hope this helps, best of luck.

Petri answered on 3/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer