My dog has a swollen joint in her hind leg. She is an adult boxer. It is a little off the Hock. Help what sould I do. D

Asked by Member 993449 on Jun 21st 2010 in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

I would have her to the vet for x rays. This could be nothing or something. no way of guessing.
A good evaluation and the xrays will show something they will know what to do.
I would not wait if this swelling has been there for more then 24 hrs.

Momma's Girls

I agree definitly take your dog to the Vet to be 100% sure. Something great to give your dog, and you can ask your Vet about it, is glucosamine tablets. A pit bull in our family had knee joint problems and another hip problems they both take glucosamine and have had no pain/yelping in the last 2 years. The Vet gave Meds to start and glocosamine, then after a few months they weined the dogs off and did glucosamine only. It's not a magic cure but can definitly help. Good luck and keep us posted!

Momma's Girls answered on 6/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maverick

A vet check up would be the best thing to do. It could be so many different things. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :( Let us know what the vet says. Good luck!

Maverick answered on 6/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Canine Joint injury ; Yes, the first step is to see the vet if your pet continues to have troubles. ( an x-ray wouldn't hurt)
Next - here are some options for rest and supplements ---
Turmeric and NuJoint Plus can be very helpful:
See this post:
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Methysulfonymethane (MSM) and Vitamin C
Link below
en.allexperts.com

Since it is swollen, an xray is probably the best way to go. In addition though, a really fantastic product you can use is PETfection Joint Massage Oil. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is designed to reduce inflammation of the joint and muscles. It is really amazing stuff (I have used it on my weim and myself!). All you do is massage it into her leg/joint area a couple times a day. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com. Good luck, hope she is feeling better soon!