My dog had a cyst that burst and got infected...

The vet gave me antibiotics and spray to clean it, and it's getting better. It scabbed over, but the scab came off and now it's a disgusting bloody lump. I used the spray on it, but it didn't really help. Is there something I could put over it?

Asked by Member 778466 on Dec 10th 2008 Tagged cyst, bleeding, infection in Skin Problems

Answers

You could try and put some sterile guaze over it and wrap it with a bandage. You never mentioned where the cyst was so it might be hard to do this. Wish I could give you more. Good luck to you and I hope s/he heals quickly.

Dexter

Take the dog back to the vet if it seems to bother the dog. Anything you put on it, the dog will only take off so unless you put a cone on the dog you probably will just have to look at it until it heals. If the scab came of and it is still really bloody then it has not healed properly and the dog should be seen by the vet again anyway.

Dexter answered on 12/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer