my dog eats too fast, he doesn't swallow his food, and he's now bloated. What should I do?

I've tried hand-feeding him, but he just swallows it, and chews on my hand. I've also tried the bowl that look like angel cake pans, but he knocks them over..

Asked by Member 1140660 on Nov 14th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

If he is bloated right now, you need to get him to an emergency vet right now. It's a medical emergency. Kali does the same thing. I put a large Kong ball in her bowl to slow her down. Good Luck!

If you want to spend the money, they have special bowls that you can buy that makes it hard for them to eat fast. I just put a rock in the bowl over the food. The dog would then have to move the rock around with their nose to get to the food and forced them to slow down. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The brake-fast dog food bowl is great for fast eaters. Learn more about brake-fast at www.brake

Jackson

You can also put several balls or Kongs in the bowl if one does not slow him down. There is also a square food/treat dispenser called the Buster Cube that you can purchase.

If you can't get him to slow down as much as he needs to you will need to make sure he does not do strenuous exercise or play a minimum of an hour or two before AND after he eats. Do not feed him when he's still calming down and panting from exercise.

Jackson answered on 12/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer