My dog doesnt eat without my presence. I work all day long. I live alone. He is 8-years-old and is a boxer. He never did it before. I don't know what to do. If I leave the food all day long, the food remains untouched. He drinks water with my presence. What should I do? Thank you

Asked by Member 1176893 on Jun 24th 2013 Tagged boxer, food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I would try mixing in some wet food into his dry food for palatability. Nutro Max has chicken rice and lamb, beef, and chicken turkey and veggie varieties. There is nothing wrong with a dog eating twice a day. If he is losing too much weight and getting skinny, it's time for a senior well-health exam at your vet. Tasha goes to the vet all the time and she's 14!!! It might be time for new bowls- the ceramic coating gets eaten away by hard water over ttime. She also gets large breed (chicken) puppy food cans by Natural Choice mixed in with her kibble to fatten her up :) ^_^