Guest

My dog ate leaves of a spider plant and vomited. Are spider plants poisonous to dogs?

She appears to be fine; only vomited once.


Asked by Member 1102799 on Mar 28th 2012 Tagged poisonoushouseplants in Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12)

I found this on the SPCA website:
"The spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum) is not currently considered to be toxic to pets. However, it is important to keep in mind that even non-toxic plants may produce minor stomach upset if ingested. So, while you need not banish your spider plants from your home, it is still a good idea to discourage your cats from nibbling on them." Good Luck!


Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12) answered on 3/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer