My dog (a male maltese) was picked up and thrown really hard at the floor. :'( I'm pretty sure his back leg is broken. I

My dog (a male maltese) was picked up and thrown really hard at the floor. :'( I'm pretty sure his back leg is broken. Im going to see the vet tomorrow. The thing is, that he lets me pet n feed him but every time i reach to pick him up he screams and bites me. He looks like hes in shock. He hasnt moved from the spot i put him after the accident for 3 days i was very busy and couldnt go to the vet right away, but i am going tomorrow for sure. I'm not sure if hes screaming/yelping because of the pain or the broken foot. Any Recommendations?

Asked by Member 1140418 on Nov 12th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Of course he is screaming from pain & of course he will try to bite to prevent more pain! 3 days without a vet? If you are so busy that you can not properly care for a dog, then I suggest you surrender him so he can get the care he needs to heal & a home where he will not be thrown hard on the floor & neglected afterwards. Shame on you!

Kujo

Come on stop messing about is not cool. Anyone would know that a decent human being would never put a dog through this kind of hell and abuse. not funny!

Kujo answered on 11/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

This is absolutely INSANE. IF you were "thrown to the floor", resulting in a severe injury, would YOU wait three or more days to visit the hospital??? Not very likely!
You have no business owning ANY dog and need to give this dog up while there is still some chance of saving it's life and/or preventing it from being permanently paralyzed.
What you are doing is illegal, it is called Animal Cruelty, and is a felony!!!
You should be ashamed of yourself, you give human beings a bad name!

I don't mean to be rude, but if you had a broken leg, wouldn't you scream?! Would you want to wait 3 days for treatment? I would get him to the vet ASAP! AND keep him away from who ever threw him. That's animal abuse. Depending on where you live, it's a felony. Maltese are fragile little dogs. He may have more injuries than you think. AND if you think he's in shock? Why didn't you take him to the vet? He can die from shock. I hope you get him to the vet first thing this morning. Good Luck!

I'm seriously hoping this post is a joke. Hope to God if you broke your leg someone would take you to the hospital sooner than 3 DAYS, and not wonder why you were screaming in pain. Horrible.

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

WOW !!! Is all i have to say. For one why does it matter what breed or sex your dog is? some idiot threw him on the floor !! he's hurt and been laying on the floor for 3 days?!! are you a flippin moron? someone apologized for being rude but i won't. this is completely idiotic. your dog could have internal bleeding or any number of things wrong with it. so you decide to leave it there for 3 days !!!!! wth? take ur dog to the vet and then give it to someone else. you should not be responsible for any living being!!!

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 11/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON THAT SHOULD HAVE A DOG! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LET YOUR POOR BABY SIT IN AGONIZING PAIN FOR THREE DAYS!? HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? USE YOUR HEAD!