My Chihuahua was diagnosed with ear-tip vasculitis which causes his hair to fallout.

He has no hair on his ears, chest, head, and tail. (it looks like dry skin) Dalmations and other short hair breeds have this condition, but my poor dog had it for a whole year before it was diagnosed. And the kicker is, the medicine will have to be given indefinitely! I was wondering Has anyone heard of this or dealt with it first hand? And what did U do?

Asked by Member 639574 on Jun 1st 2008 Tagged chihuahua, hair, loss, eartipvasculitis in Health & Wellness

Answers

Zoe

My minpin had this as well. We tried several meds; most steriodal based for a year. After a year it cleared up almost over night. We never found out what caused it though.

Zoe answered on 2/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

have you found an answer yet? i'm having the same horrible problem :(

My moms Jack Russell was diagnosed with this well over a year ago... and we are still dealing with it. I would be glad to get some info from mom as far as what Penny has been on if you are still interested. So far nothing has gotten rid of it and it has progressively gotten worse... but there are some meds and ointments which help some. She has another trip to the vet in the morning as a matter of fact.