my boxer drags everything outside and chews it--not just her toys but things she shouldn't have--clothes, dishes, my pur

portia is a boxer, 11 months old. she gets plenty of exercise w/ daily walks and we have a huge fenced in yard full of toys. we have a doggie door so she can go in and out of the yard. portia is fascinated w/ dragging things outside through the doggie door. she has destroyed shoes, the tv remote, my cell phone, my wallet; she drags out laundry, dishes, garbage, anything she can find. she's so big that she can reach most surfaces in the house. i can't imagine she is doing this out of boredom because she gets tons of exercise--she gets walked every day, goes to the dog park several times a week, and has frequent play dates w/ my friend's pitbull.

Asked by Member 659071 on Jul 21st 2008 Tagged chewing in Behavior & Training

Answers

sammy

mabye you should try giving him longer walks.

sammy answered on 7/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chuppy

A boxer needs a certain job to take. Portia may have some stress if she may be chewing more abnormally and licking her mouth alot. If so, try not to stress her out more and relax her such as massaging her. An 11 month boxer can takejobs such as agility or teach her more tricks. When ever she chews something BAD, say "NO" sternly and replace the BAD toy with one of her GOOD toys. Praise her when she plays and chews her toys. There is also a product called Bitter apple that is a training tool to help you stop your dog form chewing BAD things because it is bitter. Walk her for 1 hour and 30 minutes a day, 2 times a day. Give her new experiences and train her to keep her tired, distracted and happy. She will sleep more and always supervise her when she is outside.

Hope I helped! GOOD LUCK!

Chuppy answered on 7/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer