Maddie

My Aussie pup has a slight strabismus. Permanent?

My 3 Month old Australian Shepherd pup seems to have a slight strabismus. At this age is this something they will grow out of, or is it more likely permanent.

Asked by Maddie on Jan 11th 2013 Tagged walleyed, walleye, walleye, walleyed, strabismus in Breeds

Answers

Maddie, you ought to watch a Frenchie puppy grow!!! They start out with BOTH eyes heading East and West and gradually, as their heads grow, the eyes get their act together and end up exactly where they should be, usually around 5 or 6 months of age. Jethro's were terrible, but his have pretty much come back already and he's just 10 weeks today.
I would expect it could also be an issue with Aussies... once the skull widens and you get some depth to the muzzle the eyes should head forward once again.