My American Bull dog has sores from fleas that he had previously. How can I treat the sores?

I treated him with Frontline 5 days ago and all of the itching has stopped but he still has the sores on him from when he did have the fleas. I think he is very allergic to the fleas and thats why he got the sores so bad. The sores are scab like with very little blood and they dont look infected. FYI he is 6 months old.

Asked by Member 637508 on Jun 2nd 2008 Tagged skin, sores, fleas, itching in Skin Problems

Best Answer

Duke CGC

I would call your vet. This might cause breathing problems, upper respriatory problems, ect. due to his allergic reaction. Let us know how it goes!

Duke CGC answered on Jun 2nd.

Answers

i would check with a vet. flea bites are not sores, they are red dots that go away within a day or 2. the dog may have something else going on besides fleas.

I agree with them, get to the vet!

CRUNCH the BULL-DOZER

My AB has a few pink/red hairless spots (size of quarters) and because I had the pleasure of picking the nasty little F'ers off.... I think are reactions from fleas and ticks. I put him on Frontline and a week and half later the spots are still there no better or worse. I asked pet-co and they suggested I try Dermosol, it helps promote healthy skin. The affected area does look a little better and Dermosol won't burn or sting when you put it on your little guy. BUT after surfing around Dogster today I ran across someone who's AB has skin cancer. My baby has pink skin so I was concerned (FREAKED OUT), so we made a vet appt and will find out tomorrow what is REALLY GOING ON. When I made the appt the guy told me to get used to it that AB's are susceptible to skin irratations, and that is not the first time I've been told that!

CRUNCH the BULL-DOZER answered on 6/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer