Zelda

My 9 week bulldog is almost potty trained, but she always pees and sometimes poos at 3am or so at night, is this normal?

She eats 3 times a day at 8am, 2pm and 8pm FYI and goes constantly out to pee and poo but she stills goes in my bedroom late at nights

Asked by Zelda on Jan 18th 2009 Tagged bulldog, potty, train, pee, poo, night, nights in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Fu Manchu

Yes, this is absolutely normal. You can try what the first person said, and move her last feeding up a little bit so that she doesn't have the urge to potty in your room late at night. Also, you can try crate training, which is very effective. I want to remind you however, that the standard for house trainin a dog is that they should be able to hold their bladders and bowels for no longer than their age in months plus one. So for your dog, she should be taken out every 3 hours or so. She is just barely weaned, and is still going to have issue with house training. Something you may want to give thought to also is puppy pad training instead of outside training, and enclosing her in a small room like the kitchen at night to further prevent accidents. There are many methods, you just need to find the one that works for your dog. Good luck!

Fu Manchu answered on Jan 18th.

Answers

You may try feeding her earlier on in the day. It worked with my dog.

For 9 weeks she's doing great! She's still a baby, mabye you could take her out around 2am until she grows big enough to hold it through the night.