My 8yr old bull mastiff has had watery stool for the last 3 days. What can I do to firm her stool.

My dog continues to eat; I have not changed her diet but her stool is still watery and she appears to strain when she is "taking of business". Is there anything I can give her. I am not financially able to take her into a vet. at this time. Are there any home remedies?

Asked by Member 1176743 on Jun 25th 2013 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

Starbutt

you can give your dog pepto 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of body weight, but I would give a large dog 1 table spoon and if it isn't better that another one. also you need to find the cash to get a few 2 or 3 cans of chicken and rice or somesort of meat and rice this is easy for the stomach to digest, ir you can make this chicken and rice yourself. If no improvemnet then you need to see a vet I know but I can't think of anything else before all this before a vet watch where you dog goes it could be something you dog ate and continues to eat that is causing this, you did not say if there is blood your dog could have worms I worm still because you can't see two tyes of worms a dog has wormer is not much do what directions tell you to do.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 7/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer