George

my 8 yr. old dalmatian drinks a lot whenever she goes outside

she drinks every time she goes out to pee once every 2 hours or so and until her tummy is all full even though she's just eaten. my other dalmatian isn't like her. she's the only one who likes to hog the water.

Asked by George on Sep 13th 2009 Tagged spot in Diabetes

Answers

Fritz

Is this new behavior? We like to drink when we come in, the house water is so much better, even though my person says it come out of the same pipes; I know it is better in the house... Anyway, if this is new, go see the vet. Drinking too much can be an early sign of health problems. If it is just what your dog has always done, don't worry or call your vet and ask just to put your mind at rest.

Fritz answered on 9/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Patchs

My Dalmatian Chip always drank A LOT of water. So does Patchs.

If this is something that JUST started to happen, I suggest you call or see the vet right away. This could be an early sign of diabetes, bladder infection or another serious health problem.

If your dog has always done this, don't worry about it. Call your vet and give him the details. Ask for his thoughts on the matter and ask him to put the info in her records just incase something comes up later.

Patchs answered on 9/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer