my 8 to 10 lb weenie dog is pregnant by a larger dog 12 to 15 lbs maybe bigger should i have her spayed

Asked by Member 980808 on Apr 10th 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers

If you mean the dog is 12-15 lbs heavier than her, then you should consult a vet about the safety issues. If it was an accidental pregnancy, then a spay/abort may be the best option for you. Again, consult your vet. I am pro speuter, so my opinion is you should spay your daschund, both to prevent this in the future and to help with overpopulated shelters.

Desmond CGC

Definitely consult your vet. If there's any danger of the puppies being too big to safely birth, I would consider a spay/abort for her safety and well-being.

Desmond CGC answered on 4/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes I would have her spayed ASAP.