Squire

My 6 year old male rottweiler barks at my husband when he gets home or comes out of a room of the house.

He seems to be trying to gain dominance or protect me. How can i modify this behavior?

Asked by Squire on Sep 12th 2013 in Socialization

Answers

I would find a yummy treat that he would die for and have your husband feed it to him when he gets home. Only use that treat for that particular time and only have your husband feed that particular treat. That way, your dog will look forward to him coming home. Good Luck!

Mika

I agree with Kali, my pup Lexus seemed to have a bit of an issue with my husband for a while, not barking or growling at him but didnt care to listen to him and things like that, so I had him feed her her dinners and give treats and even start taking turn walking the dogs instead of me all the time, which really helped.

Mika answered on 9/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Had there been an incident where you had a fight with your husband? Perhaps, that's the reason why your dog is trying to protect you from him. Show to him that you are friends and close with him. Let him give your dog treats and pet him to get his trust.