My 5 month old male Morkie is constantly biting my 5 year old daughter. Advice appreciated! She isn't bothering him.

Asked by Member 1148948 on Jan 8th 2013 in Aggression

Answers

He is still a baby and he is teething. Provide lots of frozen stuffed kongs, frozen twisted wash cloths, and chew toys. If the pup nips, momentary time outs and ignoring him with your arms folded are appropriate as well giving him things he can chew on instead.

Watch when they are together like a hawk. Make sure your kid doesn't egg him on. Make sure your kid isn't hurting or harassing the pup. Separate them if there are problems.

I recommend these free downloads of "Before and After you get your Puppy" by Ian Dunbar, which will help your puppy learn how to be a good dog that you can be proud of.
www.dogstardaily.com

Tinkerbell

I agree with the the first answer; your Morkie is still a puppy plus your child is very young.

Morkies I know are very playful; your pup might think this form of 'playing' is ok. Watch them closely and don't leave them alone together for now.

When you see your Morkie biting at your child, give a very firm (but not shouting) NO BARK, and move the dog away. When he's NOT biting, say the same words in a really positive sing-song way, GOOD NO BARK!

The Yorkie in Morkies makes them smart - you'll do fine!

Tinkerbell answered on 1/10/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer