My 4 month old pup has a problem walking with a leash. He' just sit there and won't budge. What can I do?

Asked by Member 1158934 on Mar 14th 2013 Tagged leash in Leash Walking

Answers

Mika

Try having some yummy treats with you. Let him know you have them and kind of lure him with them, give him one, walk backwards with another one in your hand letting him see, when he takes a couple steps, give him anther, and gradually make him take more and more steps before he gets a treat, you may want to try indoor leash training before going outside, or even try just in your yard, have some treats and teach him that when he follows you, he gets rewarded

Mika answered on 3/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Boo Radley

When I got my puppy she couldn't figure out how to walk on a leash either. It helps (and was recommended to me by my vet) to leave the leash on them while they walk around the house. Don't hold onto the leash, just let it dag. This gets them used to moving around with it. However, only do this while MONITORING them to ensure their safety.

Boo Radley answered on 6/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer