My 4 Month OLD GSD puppy don't like dry food.

My 4 month old male GSD puppy don't like Dry Food at all, It seems that he doesn't get any test. He likes Dog-Biscuit , egg etc. I am feeding Him Pedigree Puppy. Please help me.

Asked by Member 1091592 on Feb 22nd 2012 Tagged dryfood, pedigree, gsd, puppy in Pet Food

Answers

Leave the food out for a set amount of time. If he doesn't eat it, put it away until next meal time. Don't give him anything to eat other than this. In a few days at most, he should eat it. He won't let himself starve.

Are you adding warm water to his kibble???
That will make it more palatable for him.
I personally would be finding a puppy food of better quality with higher percentages of meat and less fillers, especially for a young GSD. Remember, during this criticial puppy growth period is when your pup is growing his bones and especially his joints and what he is getting now affects his skeleton for his entire life. Poor bone growth due to diet insufficienties at this age WILL lead to problems in adulthood such as arthritis, etc.
Allowing him to eat biscuits, etc., over his balanced puppy food will definitely mess with his ultimate growth and adult health.

Callie (Calliope)

I had the same problem with my GSP. Adding warm water helped. And switching to a smaller kibble helped as well. Ultimately, I started mixing dry and wet and it's working.

Callie (Calliope) answered on 2/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tiara

Have you tryed getting a better brand of dog food. Pedigree is on the low end of dog foods, heavy in grain. Maybe a food that has more meat protein in it may help him to eat better. I do agree with the water or even chicken broth may help they to eat better. You may want to look at Nutro Max food, it has chicken or lamb as the first thing in the food and is not much higher priced then pedigree.

Tiara answered on 2/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

ginger

try to slowly add dry food to the wet adding more and more over time thats what helped me.

ginger answered on 3/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer