My 4 Month OLD GSD male puppy is running and destroying..

My 4 Month Old GSD puppy is destroying everything he gets front of his mount. He is energetic . When I call him or try to go near him he runs out (like a way : catch me if you can). Please help me this situation. What is the good source to teach him behavior training . please help me in this situation

Asked by Member 1091592 on Mar 15th 2012 Tagged training, germanshepherd, destroying in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I am beginning to wonder if you perhaps shouldn't have a dog, much less a GSD. You keep asking the same questions over and over in spite of us all giving you good advice, advice you seem to ignore.
Your dog seems to be a perfectly normal dog, in spite of his poor beginnings. Please contact a good,reward based trainor or, if unable in India, do some research on puppy behavior and training on the Internet, and follow their instructions.
He IS a puppy, sadly they are NOT born trained no more than a human baby is and it is up to you to mold him and guide him as he matures. This is an ongoing project and it WILL not happen overnight. It will take at least a year or more of constant watching him and working with him. No training happens in a day or two...it is a daily project and he also needs time to be a puppy as well.

I would take him to training classes. Your local SPCA or Animal shelter should offer some. Good Luck!

Bella

In addition to the excellent advice you have already gotten and are apparently not heeding...puppies are FULL of energy. Especially GSDs! You need to give your puppy a job, take him somewhere he can run, exercise him more. You have to help him burn off that energy. Like the others have been telling you, try and find a training class near you and learn some basic behavior. If you cant find something, read up on puppy training, get a book...anything. If you dont start now I'm afraid you're only headed for disaster

Bella answered on 3/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Keyser

Like everyone has said, he needs to burn up his energy! I have a 4month old sheperd/beagle that was biting badly and running away when we first got him, only 2 weeks ago, but Ive now put him in doggy daycare and I also spend HOURS each night training & playing with him. The difference is amazing! Just give him what he needs! Good luck! :)

Keyser answered on 3/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have also answered every one of your questions & I am disappointed by your apparent lack of follow up on all the excellent advice. Gsds are my breed. I have had at least 1 for over 30 years. Shelters see tons of teenage gsds given up because they are "aggressive" or "won't listen". They are NOT a starter dog & need experienced owners in order to be the best they can be.
SO...get off the 'net & work your pup. There is nothing wrong with him. You, otoh, need a wakeup call before it is too late! Train him or give him up so he can become who/what he should be. Rant over!!