my 3 months old Alaskan Husky won't stop scratching!!!

He constantly scratch his ears and neck. Chew, lick his paw. Even when it's really hurt, he's still scratching. I bathed him, but it doesn't work.
On the area where he's scratching there's some small bumps.
I really don't know what to do. Please Help!!!

Asked by Member 1154666 on Feb 11th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Banshee

I have an Alaskan also. They can be prone to food allergies. What are you feeding? Try changing him to a food that has no grain or wheat and a single protein source that is not common (like buffalo, salmon, venison etc). You may have to take him to the vet and get him a course of prednisone to get the itching under control and the skin healed also. I just went through this with my Alaskan last summer.

Banshee answered on 2/11/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, it could be a food allergy. I agree with the last person. My adopted boxer has scratches her ears, had hives when I first got her, and I think I have the food allergy narrowed down to chicken and wheat. I feed her IAMs ocean fish and it has cut down on the itching and she has a beautiful, shiny coat. I have to read the ingredients on everything I give her because chicken is in almost everything for dogs-even if it is labelled beef.