Ellie

My 3 month old border collie mix puppy has recently started barking a lot more than usual for no apparent reason.

My puppy Ellie is 3.5 months old and she is a Border Collie/Blue Heeler mix. In approximately the last 2 weeks she has started barking a lot more! She now barks when we leave her outside for a while and if we leave her alone in a room she barks until we come back. We have a baby gate set up in the living room to keep her there for now until she is potty trained and she barks and bites when we pick her up to put her back in the living room. She also barks for no reason at all for 10 minutes or more sometimes and nothing we try can get her to quiet down. We live in the basement of a house and we don't want her barking to disturb the people upstairs so I was wondering is there any way to get this under control again?

Asked by Ellie on Sep 21st 2012 in Puppies