my 1 1/2 yr old dog has started barking when put in his crate at night time

hi, my dog is 1 1/2 and recently has started barking when put in his crate at nite time, i have tried lots of different things, he has my dressing gown in with him which he loves to sleep on normally, i have tried the spray barking collar, i have moved him up to my room next to my bed and even let him sleep on my bed but he just wont settle upstairs, i have left him to bark and bark and bark, but there is only so long i can let him do that for as it disturbs my neighbours, he only settles when me or my eldest daughter sleep on sofa with him, we cant continue to do this, apart from leaving him to just bark all nite till he learns does anyone have any ideas of what i can do please?

Asked by Member 1177771 on Jun 30th 2013 Tagged barking, nighttime, crate in Barking

Answers

Treat the crate with calming spray before bedtime and leave some toys and treats that will keep him occupied, such as a Greenie and a puzzle toy that you can hide treats in. ^_^