My 13 yr old Shih Tsu has eaten dirt, has had diarrhea and now swollen anus and an odor.Do I take him to a vet

Just moved into house with no backyard landscaping. My dog comes in the house with dirt all over his mouth. I think he is digesting the dirt. He is 13 yrs. And having trouble with bowel movements anyway because of arthritis in the rear of his back. Do I take him to a vet?

Asked by Member 1146430 on Dec 24th 2012 Tagged diarrhea, odor, eatingdirt, swollenanus in Illness & Disease

Answers

Yes, I would today, this morning, if possible. You never know what might have been in the dirt. Good Luck!

Kimmiee

You should take him to the vet ASAP!

Kimmiee answered on 12/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ikan

yes, dog usually eat dirt if they are missing something in their diet or have other problems. A good vet check up should help to figure out what is going on. Good luck

Ikan answered on 12/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer