Smokey RIP

My 13 year old husky has a lump under his leg...basically in his armpit in his front right leg. Is it cancerous

The lump is oozing and is balck and red. It is about the size of an egg. It is also very tender. I did take him to the vet and he does have a surgery scheduled to remove the lump but I am just wanting to prepare myself for if it is cancer. Please help.

Asked by Smokey RIP on Apr 16th 2008 Tagged lump, cancer, old, large in Health & Wellness

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

It could be cancer, or it could be just lymph node swelling. It doesn't sound to good, especially with the oozing, red and black, and tenderness. Did the vet perform any tests to determine what it is before he removes it? Make sure you find out if it is cancerous before he removes it, just in case. Because you know that cancer spreads. But I will keep Smokey in my prayers.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 4/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

There are different things it could be, both things that are harmful and things that are benign. It makes no sense to freak out about it now, before your vet has had a chance to perform a biopsy to tell what it is. Just take a deep breath and take things as they come.

Think positively! :)

Desoto

Our GSD/lab/border collie had a similar lump on her inner front leg at 11 1/2 years old and had it removed. It turned out to be non cancerous and she lived happily and healthfully for a few more years! Don't panic yet. Good luck and speedy recovery!

Desoto answered on 4/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Hi, Im going through the same thing although my 13 year old husky's lump isnt leaking anything. She has had a previous lump removed and it turned out to be cancer and she goes in tomorrow to have a biopsy taken from this one as I dont want her to have to go through a big operation so soon after her last one. If it is cancer then I will take it day by day with her. So long as she is still happy and has a good quality of life then I wont rush to make the one decision no pet owner wants to make. I truly hope your boys lump isnt cancer. Thinking of you.