Shorty

my 12 week old puppy has been vomiting clear liquid and it has bits of her food in it anybody know what it might be?

she already has her parvo shot.. i have seen that she's been chewing up some dead leaves..ive only had her for a week help!!! :-(

Asked by Shorty on Oct 25th 2008 in Health & Safety

Answers

Sadie

I really can't help you but I understand your fear. I can't guess what it is...it could be pneumonia or there is another disease or illness that dogs get but I can't think of the name. I wish so much I could help you. I have been in a similiar situation recently so I know how it feels. All I can tell you is to see a vet asap. I am so very sorry and I will pray for you both. The main thing right now is to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. You can even offer her pedialite. Please let us know and best of luck!!!

Sadie answered on 10/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dahlia

Has she had her Bortadella (kennel cough) shot yet? Pups should not go out in public till they've had all their shots to reduce the risk of catching infectious diseases. Kennel cough is the dog version of bronchitis. They can pick it up at kennels, parks, groomers, etc.

Dahlia answered on 10/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

In loveing memory of Noel

It might be pneumonia. if i were you i would ask the people that you bought her from if she was doing that when they had her.

In loveing memory of Noel answered on 10/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gabe

When Gabe was adopted out of a shelter we had the same problem. It was related to his kennel cough and sinus infection. All the drainage from their sinus cavities upset their stomach.

Check out a vet, if it is related kennel cough it won't clear up easily on its own.

Gabe answered on 10/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Milo

It's best if you consult a vet... puppies are very curious and they tend to chew almost everything they see... My 4 month old pup vomited a few days ago, and it turns out that he has eaten something (I couldn't figure out what it was) unfavorable for his little stomach... If ever your pup vomits again, try to give him/her sugar dissolved in lukewarm water... My dogs' vet said that it would calm the pup's stomach.. You should always look upon him/her, especially the things that he/she puts in his/her mouth...

Milo answered on 10/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer