My 12 week old girl puppy pee's when she is scared or yelled at is it normal?

She is a very mellow and shy,and scared of loud noises and to many people at once.

Asked by Member 1062510 on Oct 10th 2011 in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Some shy dogs pee when they are scared or excited. My oldest Cocker used to pee when she was too happy or got excited. As you socialize her more with people and other dogs (be careful of the other dog's temperment), she will probably grow out of it. You'll have to work with her and be patient. I did the same thing as you, I asked questions and researched the internet.

My Cocker grew out of it with time. Good luck!

Tiara

As she gets older, this should not be as big a problem. I would try to keep the yelling down and try working with the dog in a positve tone of voice. Submissive peeing is very common in puppies, and the yelling is just going to make it worse. Also getting the dog socialized will help the dog with strangers. Take the dog to the park or to a little league ball game where alot of kids have the chance to come up and pet them. Good luck

Tiara answered on 10/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer