muddy paws!?

I am having trouble with mud in the house from my golden mix this winter. This winter it isn't getting as cold as normal and is really wet.My other three dogs have shorter hair so they are easy to clean up after potty breaks but my golden mix's paws are like mud sponges.Any ideas? I've been thinking of trying boots even though salt on the laws isn't an issue. Recommended boots brands or any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Asked by Member 1029679 on Dec 28th 2011 in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Have you trimmed up his paw hair, especially between the toes? The stuff can really hold mud. I recently had to do our elderly Aussie's feet because it was getting pretty bad. Trimmed it up as short as I could.

Another idea is to keep a bathmat or towel on the floor near the door, and make sure he stands on it before going into the rest of the house. I also wipe my dog's feet with a rag when it's really muddy outside. I live in Oregon so rainy winters are entirely typical here.

Pawz Dog Boots!
Instant answer! I also agree with the other poster that mentions keeping the fur between the paw pads trimmed. That might help.
Pawz are affordable, come in packs of twelve the dogs hardly notice them and will accept them (though I'd still remove at least the front ones in between walks... it would be like wearing a pair of rubber gloves all day). They will make clean up INSTANT. =)

Seth

We trained our dogs to stop and get their feet cleaned off when there would come in the house. Just as good training. We even. Went over the feet with a towel when they did not have mud on the feet just to keep then trained. A treat was given after they got them cleaned

Seth answered on 1/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer