Myni

Mother's day is comming up daddy needs to get mamma something from us right? daddy thinks otherwise

We love mamma and she takes good care of us, with baths, feeding, and patching us up. We heard daddy tell mamma that her dog/cat/horse mom status doesn't count for mother's day.

Asked by Myni on May 6th 2012 Tagged mothersday, mom, dogmom in News & Events

Answers

I am with your husband on this one, but that is just my opinion. I don't consider my dogs to count as children, which is the intent of Mother's Day.
But if you feel that strongly...& don't have children that may be offended by being put on the same status level as a dog...then why not?
Marital harmony trumps all...if hubby will be sleeping on the couch if he doesn't get you something...then he might want to bite the bullet & get you a card.

Maggie Mae

Whether it be that mamma cannot have children of her own, or if they've flown the coop, women need to nurture. What is mothering if it's not nurturing as you said, baths, feeding, patching ... it all counts the same. Appreciation for those things that she does should not go unnoticed for she's happy to do them. Now if there was a dog/cat/horse mamma day I'm sure you would oblige, so why not?

Maggie Mae answered on 5/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer