Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

Most durable dog toys

I know this question has been asked before but none of those other questions can help me. I have a friend who's 2 dogs ( one Cattle dog mix and another purebred one) have destroyed every single toy she's gotten them. She even got a 30$ rope ball that was destroyed in a single day! They also have kong toys but they prefer their other toys over them. I've heard of Tuffies but I'm wondering if they're really as durable as their supposed to be. I've also heard that Hurley's are supposed to be pretty good. I'm also wondering if there are any really durable frisbees. The dogs love frisbee's but most of them are destroyed.

Asked by Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC on Jul 29th 2008 Tagged chew, powerchew, kong, toy, dogtoy, durable in Toys

Answers

blaze

did you ever try the biggest kong?

blaze answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Saint Raphael

Not sure about the frisbees, but I found these really tough chew toys at Petco. I belive they are made by Nylabone. They are made out of a really tough white, hard plastic and they are in the shape of dinosaurs. Saint has had the t-rex for a month now and still loves it.

Hope this helps!

Saint Raphael answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shayne CGC, RL2

I have a border collie who has a SUPER hard mouth and can destroy the firehose toys (supposedly durable toys) in about 15 minutes. Shayne has had a tuffie's round toy for about a year (there are times it gets picked up and washed so it's not out 100% of the time) and it is still in AMAZING condition. there are a few places were the outer layer of fabric covering the stitching is frayed from chewing but it is just a superficial damage. These are toys i totally live by! they are expensive BUT they do last really well if you get the level 9 or 10 toys (strongest).

Hurley's toys (the balls at least) are awesome... i haven't used their frisbee though. If you want a tough frisbee (for throwing and playing, not a chew toy) i would look into the Jawz frisbee (by hyperflite) or the "superhero" frisbee (by herodiscusa.com). Neither of these discs are meant to be chew toys but stand up well to throwing and catching with hard mouth dogs (even tugging). pmail for more info if you want!

Shayne CGC, RL2 answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI

Kong actually does make a frisbee. Abby will chew a normal frisbee to shreads; but not this one! It's made out of Kong material!

Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have one friend whose super toy destructive dog hasn't destroyed her Tuffies, but I recommended them to another friend whose dog went through them in one day... and they were expensive!!

Zack

My parents have a boxer mix who can destroy almost any toy in 20 minutes. The toys that last a long time (and that she really likes) are:

- Kong solid rubber ball (they make several sizes)

- Kong frisbee

We also buy fleece from the fabric store, cut really wide, long strips (about 6-8 inces wide and 60 inches long), braid them tightly and tie lots of very tight knots in them. It takes her a couple of months to destroy one, pretty good considering it takes less than $2 worth of materials to make!

Zack answered on 8/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cody

Hi Odie wan
I sell dog toys on my website Dixiepets.com

Cody answered on 8/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Angelica (6/6/95-6/24/10)

Yep, the Ultimate Stone Bone-
The bone contains three squeakers and is a wonderful toy for those dogs that like to play tug or whip their toys back and forth. For medium to large dogs.
“Veterinarian Recommended and Approved”
Ultimate Construction: Each toy is made with two layers of industrial grade nylon and 1 layer of soft fleece on the outside. All of these layers are sewn together to make one super strong layer of material. Each toy is sewn together with 2 layers of cross stitching and then 2 layers of linear stitching. After the toy is sewn together an additional piece of black nylon trim is added to cover the four rows of stitching. This extra piece of nylon is sewn with 3 linear stitches to give the product a total of 7 seams. That's one tough toy! Tuffies are designed to be play toys and not chew toys. Each toy is washable (air dry) and they Float !
Most places sell them for $18-24 with shipping, I sell them for $15 w shipping email me if you want to buy one.

Angelica (6/6/95-6/24/10) answered on 12/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tinker

I highly recommend the Hurley shop.leashwecando.com or the Tux shop.leashwecando.com or the Tug shop.leashwecando.com .

We've found all three to be indestructable. And they're non-toxic and eco-friendly. I think they're also guaranteed, but I'm not certain.

Tinker answered on 3/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Oh you have to get the Dura Doggie Disc.

Its insanely durable. Its a fetch toy that is shaped differently so that you can use it as a water bowl and a chew toy.

My dog Lucy loves this thing. And it was 3 college kids that invented it. Love the story.

www.DuraDoggie.com

Hope you like it!

Hi there,

I have a two year old pit who loves to chew anything he can put his chompers on. I've gone through countless toys, so I'll fill you in on what has worked best for him. He absolutely loves all of his Kongs. He has the classic kong, goodie bone, stuff-a-ball, wubba, and rubber ball. The only kong he doesn't so much care for is the rubber ball. Those have all been very durable, and I highly recommend these. I've also purchased the Tuffy ring and starfish.. the ring lasted a couple of weeks, and he opened the starfish in about an hour. These are supposed to last and be the "tuffest" soft dog toy, but nah. Not for my boy. Now, the Hurley. This is right up there with the kong, and it comes in a different, fun shape and he loves it. I have yet to find a soft, plushy toy that holds up to the pit-jaw. For a frisbee, I would recommend the kong frisbee or see if Hurley makes one.