Reeses

Morkies and Poo problems

My little 4 mo morkie every now and again is getting his poo all mashed up into his hair near his bottom. Is this a common morkie problem and if so how do you solve it?

Asked by Reeses on May 17th 2011 Tagged poo in Other Grooming

Answers

Amy

I have a 6 month old pekingese who has been having the same problem but its normal for every dog when you see it stuck take a dog whipe or a napkin and take it off of her/his fur and if you keep up it won't be bad

Amy answered on 5/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Its a common problem with any long hair breed just clip the hair arounld your pups bottom.

Hi,Your little pup can have his hair groomed at his " Potty Path" ---You can trim this area or have a groomer take care of it every 2 months or less.
BEST wishes
Marie and Miss Priss
More tips see here: bulldogvitamins.blogspot.com

My dog has the same problem, so my groomer gives her what she calls a "hygiene cut"... I guess that's groomer-speak for a TOTALLY SHAVED BUTT.

They also shave the underside of her tail, since the hair there also contributes to the problem.

Tinkerbell

It is common with any long haired dog; you can do one of two things as the other people have said:

1. get the hair around her rear end cut right down, which looks kinda goofy

2. Clean her up every time - I run my little dog's bum under the laundry tap when this happens. If you keep your Morkie well combed, this will be less of a mess.

I also wonder if she's on the right food to have such soft stools? You might want to experiment with her food so that her poop hardens up more.

good luck!

Tinkerbell answered on 1/10/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer