maltipoo was cut down like a snauzer very hurt by thisplease help!!!!

my mother took me to the groomer for a trim and spoke to the groomer in detail what she wanted for me when my mother came back to get me the groomer had cut all my hair from my face and down the middle of my back my mother started crying and was very upset i dont look like myself anymore i hate my hair cut it has taken away my identiy the groomer also cut off my tail hair that my mother was growing since i was born will my hair grow back and if so how long will it take the groomer told my mother it would grow back in about four weeks is this true im sure you all can understand why my mother dosent want to take her word for itPlease help my mother and me!!!!

Asked by Member 740633 on Sep 30th 2008 in Grooming

Best Answer

Amos

We have a Maltese mix (not exactly a Maltipoo, but Maltese and poodles both have continuous growing hair). Our Maltese is 2 years old and his hair never stops growing. We usually have to cut him about once a month, and maybe more in the summer when it's hot out, in order to keep him cool. We don't groom him to breed standards, but just keep him with a "puppy cut" which we do ourselves with a dog shaver and sissors. But yes, it takes about 4 to 6 weeks and he gets all shaggy. I would estimate about an inch growth in 4 weeks.

Amos answered on Sep 30th.

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

I understand your pain of not having the haircut that you want. A haircut shows your personality. But don't worry, it will grow back fully within 2 months. I know this seems like a while, but you will look like your self in no time.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 9/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I know exactly how you feel, but instead of my mom crying, well I won't use the words she did, but she was mad. My mom took me in to have a good bath, and get me trimmed a little bit. She told them I was only to have my pants trimmed and that was it. My Mom brushes me everyday so she takes great pride in what I look like. Well she came back to get me, she FREAKED out, they trimmed my whole body. My Mom was especially mad about my mane, she loved it. My Mom told them to stick the bill up their you know what and left. Now I go to a great place but Mom stands right there and watches the whole thing. A bad hair cut really sucks, as a human or a pet we all can relate...but it does grow back. My mane is starting to look beautiful again.

I am so sorry to hear your terror story with a groomer. Unfortunately, this is more common than not. Have you spoken to the groomer? Are they willing to compensate you for the horrible job? I would hope that as upset as you were, they would have been willing to do something for you guys. Yes, the hair will grow back, but it might take longer than 4 weeks. It also may not. You will notice growth, definitely, within 4 or 5 days, but depending on how long the coat was, it may take a little longer for it all to fill in again. Don't worry - the hair will re-grow, and your dog will look the way she had before. I would definitely contact the groomer, if you haven't already, and see if they will refund you. Good luck :)

HARLEY

I know how you feel. Harley is a schnauzer mix and when my husband took him to his 1st grooming he told them to do a typical Scnahuazer cut. When we picked him up they had shaved off his cute long eyebrows and his beard. I was very upset.

HARLEY answered on 9/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Dexter

Always stay with your dog at the groomer. If they won't let you stay then go-and take your dog with you! A reputable groomer will want you there anyway!

Dexter answered on 9/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

~Emma~ RL1

It will grow back. I don't know about the 4 wks.

I can't stick around when Emma gets groomed, she's too much of a velcro dog. She'd want to be with me, and not sit still for the groomer.

I can relate, I have a wheaten mix with a tail. It's black, and had the prettiest fan. My usual groomer let her assistant trim her last time- and she cut off the hair on the tail. I was so bummed out. But it has grown back.

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 9/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Beila

I can cry for you. Hair is strengh look what happened to David in the Bible.
anyway..... Whats a good maltipooo breeder.
How come some are 400 and some are 1200
whats the difference.
any opinion on texasteacups.com they are 1500
expensive
i am looking for a nice breeder of maltipoo
help

Beila answered on 10/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rascal

My hair takes closer to 8 weeks to start getting shaggy again, but I am mostly yorkie and only a little poodle. I just had a terrible experience with the groomer too. They cut my hair down to the skin because they were mad at my mommy for being late for her appointment. They cut my beautiful long eyelashes and didnt pull the hair out of my ears. Like one of the other responses said, my mommy was not happy but unfortunately she still had to pay because they threatened her. The groomer has been turned into the Better Business Bureau. Good luck with your hair growing back. You will be beautiful again in no time!

Rascal answered on 10/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer