maltese shaking uncontrolablly

Took my maltese to 2 different vets they didn't know what was wrong. Took him to neuologist he said it was White shaker dog syndrome. It happens in white dogs mainley maltese and bousion. It is treatable. Info every maltese owner needs to know

Asked by Member 774899 on Dec 10th 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure people will appreciate the information. Hope your baby gets better soon.

My maltese has had this problem for several years. I tried to describe it to the vet when he went for his annual check-up, but she didn't seem to know what it was. It normally lasts anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes and he also pants rapidly during this shaking spell. Tonight he had another bout of it. He also seems to be just a bit nervous when this happens and tries to climb up to the back part of the couch (something he doesn't normally do) What did the neurologist say this is and is there medication for it. ?
I would like to go to see his vet with as much information as possible.
I appreciate your info and help, thanks.

Sam