Large red tumor like bump on dew claw

I noticed my fairly new rescue licking his paw lately and didn't think much of it until I caught a glance at what/why he was licking. He's around 11yrs old and a collie breed I think, it doesn't seem to cause him any pain and he gets around quite well for an older dog also he eats/drinks normal.
I also noticed it has hair on it which makes me wonder if it's been there a while. I have not taken him to vet yet. I wish there was a way to add a pic
Thanks for your help

Asked by Member 1133866 on Oct 2nd 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

You really should take him to the vet and get it checked out. Good Luck!

Starbutt

sound like a ingrown nail you can take it out on your own if the dog will let you or you can go to the vet. If you take it out by yourself there can be bleeding or might be pus the best thing if you wish to do it by yourself is to have another person to hole the dog and to check it out first if it is not ingrown then you nee tot go to a vet it could be infected and need antibiotics and vet can give you the right stuff. Is your dog eating a drinking and playing if so it is doing good so far does it have the runs or seems down if so then yes you need to take your dog to a vet there may be more to this I don't think so but better safe then sorry.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer