Large red bump on lab mix's face.

I took my 4 year old lab/pit mix to the dog beach a few weekends ago. The day after we got home, I was petting her and found a black/red bump on her face near her right ear. Thinking it was a tick, we pulled it off with a pair of tweezers. Then we washed the area. It was actually a scab :( over the next few days she acted fine and so I thought it was healing. I checked it about a week ago and realized that it had grown. A couple of days ago I emailed a vet friend of mine and she instructed me to shave the hair around it and clean the area. I did that and when I was wiping the wound down with a towel, the top layer of a scab came off. No pus or anything came out of the wound. I washed it again and have been keeping an eye on it. It is still large and protruding from her skin by about a half inch. There are still hairs coming out of it. I'm thinking it may be an infected owie, but there doesn't appear to be any pus in or around it. It is just a large red bump. Shedoesn't seemto notice it

Asked by Member 1171480 on May 22nd 2013 in Skin Problems

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

Clean the dot with an alcohol or witch hazel to kill any bacteria, and spread neosporin over the wound. After it is dried out, it should heal. If you see it growing or turning black, bring her in to your friend for a look. ^_^ Woof!

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/28/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer